Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Moist Sweet Cornbread

My husband loves soft, moist cornbread and I love slightly sweet cornbread... took forever, but I finally found this fantastic recipe right on a bag of cornmeal and it's been our staple for over a year now.



Cornbread

1 1/2 c cornmeal
2 1/2 c milk
2 c flour
2/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Whisk cornmeal and milk together - let sit for 10 whole minutes.
  3. Add in remaining ingredients. 
  4. Bake 30-35 min (knife test) in 9x13 prepared pan.
  5. Cut open and butter up!

These rise a good deal so be prepared for some rather large pieces (just cut smaller, they'll last longer!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum! This sounds delish, Susan! I haven't made cornbread in a while. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails