If you are counting calories or have diabetes... this is NOT for you. The only thing that stops this cake from clogging arteries is the stick of butter that I have to hold myself back from adding. Hey, I'm Southern - it doesn't taste really good if it doesn't have butter. I manage though - it can stand on it's own.
Apple Coffee Cake
2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 c sugar (I know, right?)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 c chopped apple
1 c chopped nuts (I used pecans because I had them but walnuts would be better)
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Mix in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in apples and nuts (it will be very thick).
- In bundt pan, cook at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Don't complain if you just have to eat it all the time and get fat... I gave you plenty of warning.