If you're new to menu planning, I cannot recommend it highly enough - after seeing this one area become so completely organized, I'm wanting to take on new projects and areas that need it as well... Not life altering, but definitely life re-arranging.
Monday - loaded baked potatoes / salad
Tuesday - sweeper steak / steamed rice / vegetables
Wednesday - buttermilk pancakes
Thursday - tomato soup / grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - tacos
Saturday - chicken stew / french bread
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - spaghetti / salad / garlic bread
Tuesday - steak / roasted vegetables
Wednesday - Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole
Thursday - mini meatloaves (recipe follows) / scalloped potatoes / vegetables
Friday - soup / sandwiches
Saturday - BBQ (ribs / potato salad / corn on the cob)
Sunday - Leftovers
These are especially special in our house... or just to me... I tried out SEVERAL meatloaf recipes before landing on this one and finally finding a winner with dh and dd's. I wouldn't say they were being *picky*, per se... but someone of greater forthright might. = ) Anyway - couldn't find anything that everyone agreed on and which didn't get thrown away after a week of being in the fridge until I combined about four different recipes that resulted in this:
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 package (not box) ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ c steak sauce
- ¼ c ketchup
- bread to coat dish
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by lining bottom with slices of bread.
- In large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients. Gitch’yer hands dirty! Shape into mini meatloaves, about 3 inches long. Arrange on top of bread in dish.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375, or until middle is done.
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl. Brush onto tops of meatloaves. Serve and enjoy!