This week over at Women Living Well the Completing Him Challenge is to make a list of your priorities and then have your husband show you how he would prioritize them.
This is actually great timing because we were just having a conversation about where things should fall on the priority list... and now I have a reason to corner him on the subject. : ) No, really, he doesn't mind helping and I'm sure he loves that I'm trying to change the focus of my priorities (what husband wouldn't???).
So... the list I came up with looks like this:
- Homeschooling the kids
- Keeping the house clean
- Cooking homemade meals
- Making improvements on the house
And here is the list that we worked out:
- Time with the Lord each day. This often gets worked in whenever I get a few seconds (normally eating lunch or during naptime), instead of having a set QUIET time. After talking with the hubby, I can see how everything else will fall out of place if this is not priority #1 with it's very own time. I'm going to start getting up earlier each morning to have some quiet time with God now... THANKS to my hubs for pointing this out! And while time alone with my husband or intimate time should be a high priority, we both think that it already is a high priority and, like all other things, it will continue to be one if this priority is met.
- Homeschooling the kids. An obvious priority and one that I need to get back into planning mode for, with the school year looming.
- Cooking homemade meals. You would think this is obvious but I often get sidetracked with doing a million other things (hello blog!) and usually have dinner on the table late.
- Planning activities for the kids. Another one I need to put more effort into... I get so wound up into projects I have going on that I forget they need outside time or playdates arranged.
- Keeping the house clean (a LOT lower than I thought it would be!)
- Menu-planning/coupon-clipping. Instead of getting shuffled off the list, my hubby kept this one on - mostly because we've seen the money saving effects that this allows us and that definitely is a priority.
Really enjoyed seeing how my husband would prioritize my day... makes me want to start talking to him now. Joking! But I do see that we need to start talking about more basic things instead of praising things that we don't really agree with... Thanks Courtney!