Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Completing Him Challenge: Week Seven

Wow I've got a lot of catching up to do... just on the blog though - I've been doing the challenges. : )



For week seven, the challenge was to:

Support his vision. Discuss his vision for your family. Where does he see your family in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. Share with us how you let your husband lead.
One Year: Further homeschooling in First grade and Kindergarten, potty-train our toddler, continue paying bills enough to relieve us from majority of medical bills, complete current home remodeling projects, spend more time enjoying each other, have a nightly bible study as a family and teach our children more of our Christian heritage. 

Five Years: Transfer dh's job back to Texas and find (another) great community and church family and get to a financial position where we can give back to God increasingly.

Ten Years: See Noah (my step-son who lives in Texas) graduate from high-school and prepare for his higher education with everything that we have been able to enjoy, to be wise in the teen years of our daughters, start homeschool through high school, and enjoy sports and activities (all kinds of vacations!) as a family. 
All of these seem very easy to me to follow because they revolve around our kids and our home and are things that I share in want with my husband. Were they to differ greatly with what I want... I have to confess that I might not be so obliging. That's VERY MUCH something I need to work on. My husband is the leader of this home and were he to want us to go somewhere I didn't want to I would have a lot of praying to do. Mostly because I'm not too comfortable with change... but sometimes God needs us to change to be where He wants us in His plan. 
In fact, I could probably start praying about this now - that the Holy Spirit root out all of that in me that is resistant to God's plans... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails