Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Homemade Pizza... in all it's awesomeness

Homemade Pizza 




1. Start with this perfect crust from Money Saving Mom - I usually double for two round pizzas. (My step-mom also suggested that the crust would make great breadsticks - I would brush with butter, garlic salt, a pinch of Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese)

-- Oops - I almost forgot - dust the pizza pan with some cornmeal and a teeny bit of flour before tossing the dough and putting it on.

2. Poke crust all over with a fork and bake for about 10 min (so the middle isn't undercooked). Remove from oven.

3. Brush crust with olive oil (I like to use my Pampered Chef basting brush)

4. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. (just enough - don't overdo it)

5. Spread one jar of pizza sauce over pizzas (I just started making my own and it is AWESOME - if you don't want to be too Betty Crocker, just purchase a bag of pizza sauce canning mix from your canning aisle)

6. Add toppings. I usually add a small bag of mozzarella cheese to one pizza and add on either Fiesta blend or Monterey Jack/Colby blend for a plain cheese pizza. My husband and kids get pepperoni added to that and if I'm lucky enough to have my own, I'll add slices of tomato, onion and bell pepper.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this substituting some of the white flour with whole wheat flour. I then used leftover hamburger patties chopped up with cheese and onion for cheeseburger pizza. It was good, but not as good as my chicken version. The chicken pizza had no sauce other than olive oil. Then the crust was topped with chicken breast, rosemary, loads of garlic (I LOVE IT!) and Italian seasoning, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails