Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Menu Plan (Tues)Monday

A little late... I've been reducing my blog/facebook/swagbucks time lately and have been a good deal more productive around the house and with homeschool... go figure.

You might see a change in my menu plan... because I. DISCOVERED. THE. PIONEER. WOMAN.

Why didn't anyone tell me about her? I had caught glimpses of her through slight references on other blogs... always immaterial and taunting me... but never enough whatfor to make me want to go out of my way to find her. And now I have. And I am IN LOVE with her recipes. They're "down home" enough to remind me of my Nana's cooking, the rundown is hilarious and they're just plain pretty to look at. I'm limiting my intake to three recipes this time (I didn't want to use them all up at once) but definitely plan on seeing more here. There is tons more on her site too - homeschool helps, tickling confessions, photography that will make you wish you were born talented, and some decorating and remodeling.

And since no one told me, I'm telling you - GO CHECK HER OUT!


Monday - sloppy joes & potato wedges

Tuesday - homemade pizza

Wednesday - breakfast burritos

Thursday - grilled ham and cheese sandwiches & chips

Friday - tacos

Saturday - bbq chicken, crash hot potatoes, vegetables



Sunday - leftovers

Monday - stir fry and steamed rice

Tuesday - bean and beef burritos



Wednesday - bacon, egg and cheese toasters

Thursday - chicken strips, salad & garlic bread

Friday - hamburgers & fries

Saturday - crockpot chili (recipe follows) & cornbread


Easy Crockpot Chili
{this is what happens when you get tired of measuring : D}

2 lb ground beef
2 great big cans of diced tomatoes, undrained *teehee*
2 teeny cans of tomato sauce
1 pouch McCormick chili seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
half an onion, diced 

1. Brown ground beef in a skillet.
2. Dump ground beef and everything else into a crockpot.
3. Heat on high for an hour or low for 2-3 hrs.
4. Serve with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and say TA-DA! for added effect.

2 comments:

  1. I told you about her! I guess you just weren't listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her site! I've made the Crash Hot potatoes too. :) I have the recipe in my home management binder in fact. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails